Friday, April 14, 2006

As I look back at the years I was a single mom of children Two of them being my oldest (boys) I was very young at the time

As I look back at the years I was a single mom of children Two of them being my oldest (boys) I was very young at the time .the saving grace as I look back was that I was growing up along with them. All I remember about those years is that I loved them and consistently had no idea of what " being a good parent " meant. There were a lot of people giving me advice and I listened but I swam much my own way. The over riding emotion was I loved them unconditionally….all of the time. Even if I didn't like what they did a lot of the times we were bud's . I didn't know any better. I have people telling me now that my boys were a mess. Now that they are grown men and have made successful lives. Each have emerged as their own person. Not at all alike but strong in knowing they were loved.

Oh yes I'm sure when things go wrong in their lives there is a little voice that says that they didn't have a strong male role model and that's why they…….fill in the blanks. But in truth maybe I was lucky or maybe that’s all they needed was unconditional love…wrong or right. Who knows?

Single Mother's (Single Parent) Raising Sons: http://mothersandsons.blogspot.com/

No comments: